System requirements for the repair and servicing information
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (to open PDF documents)
- Operating system: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- Web browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 - 11 (other web browsers are not compatible)
System requirements for the Offboard Diagnostic Information System software
The Offboard Diagnostic Information System software is the programme that provides you with an interface that complies with SAE J2534 (diagnostic interface). This software enables you to diagnose all vehicles of FAW-VW brand VW.
Furthermore, you have access to the following information during the vehicle diagnosis:
- Vehicle data
- Repair manuals
- Circuit diagrams
- Field actions
- Technical product information
This information is only available in the diagnostic software during an active diagnostic session.
The following requirements must be met in order to operate the Offboard Diagnostic Information System software:
- Operating system: Microsoft® Windows 7 (64 bit) / Windows 10 (64 bit) with Internet Explorer 11
- CPU: at least 1 Ghz, recommended: 2 GHz dual-core processor
- RAM: at least 2 GB, recommended: 4 GB + activated virtual memory
- Hard drive: at least 10 GB free memory (per brand approx. 4 GB base + 1 GB for each language installed)
- Graphics: at least 800 x 600, recommended: 1024 x 768
- One free USB port for the diagnostic interface
- DVD drive
- Online connection
The following VAS diagnostic interfaces are supported:
- VAS 6154 (WLAN capable) (Windows 7 + Windows 10)
- VAS 5054 (wireless via Bluetooth) (Windows 7)
- VAS 5055 (cable via USB connection) (Windows 7)
In addition to the indicated VAS diagnostic interfaces, other SAE J2534-compliant diagnostic interfaces are supported by the Offboard Diagnostic Information System. To start up, the relevant box should be connected with the diagnostic tester via the USB port and the appropriate driver software installed. Administrator rights are required for the software installation.
password securityThe password security rules have been adopted. These rules apply to all applications, for example Offboard Diagnostic Information System. New passwords should apply at least to the following rules:
- at least 10 characters
- at least three of four of the following character classes: capital letters, small letters, numbers, special characters
- maximum two similar characters sequently
To change the password every 90 days, you have to log in via the following link: https://dealerportal.vw-group.com/login/login_en.html
To be able to login, you have to select "Login with Global-UserID".